Visiting our office should not be stressful. Our goal is for children to have fun in our office, and for parents to have an easy and convenient experience. From our straightforward first visits to scheduling convenience and amenities, we’ve gone out of our way to make visits to our Bay City pediatric dentist office as efficient as possible.
What to Expect at Your Child’s First Visit
Your child’s first appointment can be nerve-wracking for the child and overwhelming for parents. To help battle both of these feelings, we want you to know exactly what you can expect when you bring your child in for his or her first visit.
- Initial Exam: Your child’s gums and jaw, as we as any erupted teeth, will be visually examined by Bay City pediatric dentist Dr. Picard. If deemed necessary, our team will also take digital X-rays to look for any potential issues.
- Medical History Review: Dr. Picard will go over your child’s dental and medical history to ensure that all issues are addressed.
- Cleaning: If necessary, a dental hygienist will clean your child’s teeth during his or her first visit.
- Fluoride Treatment: Your child may receive a protective fluoride treatment during their appointment to give the teeth extra protection against decay-causing acids and sugars.
- Proper Brushing & Flossing Techniques: To ensure the health of their teeth between dental visits, children need to be taught proper brushing and flossing techniques. Our team will sit down with your child and walk him or her through brushing and flossing those pearly whites.
- Q&A with Parents: We know you have questions when it comes to your child’s oral health, so at the end of the appointment, Dr. Picard will sit down with you to answer any questions you have and address your concerns.
We don’t think that a dentist office has to feel cold and clinical; in fact, it can be fun to visit us! We want your children to feel comfortable and completely at ease while they’re with us. We’ve stocked our Bay City pediatric dental office with amenities that will have kids eager to come back.
- Toys & Books
- Kurio Tablet for Kids
- Toy tower
Give your kids a reason to smile at the dentist by calling today for an appointment.Contact Us
Scheduling dental visits for your children should be easy and convenient. Our Bay City, MI dental office offers family-block appointments, so you can bring all of your children in at once, instead of driving back and forth to multiple appointments. With family-block appointments, your children will be seen back-to-back or at the same time, helping them feel more at ease.
We ask that any cancellations by made at least 24 hours in advance.
Call Tri City Kids today to schedule an appointment for your children.Contact Us
We Value Referrals
While a pediatric dentist is a specialist in the field of dentistry, you don’t need a referral to bring your child to see us! However, we do appreciate when you refer us to friends and family, or when your family’s general dentist refers you to our office.
We invite doctors and general dentists to download our referral form.